Mother’s Day is rolling around and I thought that today is just a perfect time to share with you some of my favorite products that could make for a thoughtful Mother’s Day gift. Most moms never want to treat themselves and they would rather spend their last penny on you so giving your mom something she might actually need and use everyday could be a great way to show her how much she means to you. After all, our moms deserve the best!
- EO Ageless Skin Care Transformative Night Serum – any mom can indulge in a little pampering long after her day is over. This night serum is packed with organic botanical ingredients, including Tsubaki Oil, to help diminish the signs of aging and restore the skin’s natural radiance. It’s packaged in a glass bottle that has a cute little dropper for easy application.
- Slip Silk Sleep Mask and Slip Silk Pillowcase – since we are still in the sleep department, these two pieces from Slip will make sure your mom gets her most beautiful and age-defying beauty sleep yet. They are crafted from pure silk inside and out for that anti-aging, anti-sleep crease, anti-bed head sleep. In fact, silk, unlike cotton material, is extremely soft so it causes less friction on the skin and hair, which reduces stretching, creasing and tugging (read less wrinkles and frizz). Because it’s also less absorbent, it helps keep all the skin and hair products in place and prevents moisture from “escaping” and getting into the pillow.
- Patchology Restoring Eye Gels – if your mom needs some extra TLC under her eyes, these hydrogels would be ideal for her. They provide a powerful nightly dose of anti-aging ingredients, including retinol and peptides, that help minimize the signs of aging, brighten and reduce dark circles and revitalize the eye area for a more youthful appearance.
- ReGenesis Micro-Targeting Spray – hair can become thinner and more vulnerable with age (sometimes with the scalp showing through) and this spray from the creators of Revitalash targets low density hair and promotes the look of thicker and fuller-bodied hair. If your mom is concerned with the way her hair has changed with time, this could be a perfect gift for her.
- StarSkin Hollywood Hand Model – hands are one of those problematic areas of the body that reveal the age first. These double-layered hand mask gloves (that are rich in collagen) provide the ultimate treatment for hands that instantly softens, hydrates, rejuvenates and brightens them. They are created from pioneering Korean skincare technology (you know I’m already a big fan of K-Beauty and you can read why here). These masks could be perfect for a pampering session with your mom before, after or even during your manicure.
- Style Edit Root Concealer and Root Touch-Up – these two products are one of the the fastest and easiest way to temporarily touch-up gray roots and prolong the time in between coloring. Your mom will thank you.
- Treets Traditions Healing in Harmony Shower Gel, Body Salt Scrub and Body Lotion – inspired by the medicinal ingredients found in the Alps, this bath collection will take your mom to a whole new world. It has a powerful blend of rosemary, lavender, grapeseed and beeswax that conditions skin and leaves behind a fresh, soft lavender scent.
- Coola Dawn Patrol Classic Primer – all moms want to look young longer and one of the key things they can do to slow down aging is sun protection. And this product will help with that. I really like this product because it is a multi tasker: it both shields the skin from the sun and acts like a makeup primer, instantly enhancing overall skin appearance, evening out texture, minimizing large pores and eliminating redness. The lightweight texture delicately blurs fine lines and helps create a lasting, uniform finish. Perfect for busy moms!
- Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Flawless Serum Foundation – you might already know from my YouTube Tutorial that I like to use this foundation on myself, but it actually is a perfect foundation for a more mature skin. Your mom will love it because in addition to providing a buildable coverage, it also contains an age-defying serum for that noticeably smoother and more youthful looking appearance.
- Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Earth Tones – I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t squeeze some more makeup products in this gift guide and this Hourglass palette had to make the cut in the roundup! I’m seriously obsessed with the quality of these eyeshadows. They truly feel very luxurious, are universally flattering and would make for a beautiful gift.
- Michael Todd Antimicrobial Sonic Makeup Brush – one of my newest discoveries, this sonic makeup brush is reinventing the art of makeup application. As a makeup artist, I barely see any moms using a beauty blender sponge (they are mostly used to applying their makeup with their hands) and I just have a feeling that they would immediately fell in love with this brush. It uses gentle sonic movements to easily sweep on foundation without leaving any lines or streaks. It also effortlessly blends any other makeup products and provides that airbrushed-like finish.
I hope that you find this blog post helpful as I tried to cover every price point to make your shopping easy. My mother and I are so incredibly close and I got a little bit emotional when writing this post especially because we live on separate continents. If you are lucky to have your mom close make sure to hug her just a little bit stronger today.
I wanted to wish a Happy early Mother’s Day to all mothers out there that made us who we are today and never once questioned why we would want to spend all of our free time (or money!) buying new makeup or clothes. We love you and we will always look up to you!